Happy New Year to all of our members and friends!
First, to recap 2016…
* Instituted quarterly Access PA updates.
* Began a Strategic Planning process.
* Conducted a User’s Group meeting with 72 attendees.
* Instituted a system for training catalogers.
* Added 5 new members for a total of 103 Libraries.
* Migrated 10 libraries in Blair and Monroe Counties.
* Conducted a resource sharing pilot between Lackawanna and Susquehanna Counties.
* Migrated the Eastern Monroe Public Library
* Migrated the Pocono Mountain Public Library
* Developed a system that allows OCLC libraries to update their holdings.
* Initiated four Development Projects, one in partnership with the Evergreen Indiana and NOBLE consortia.
Looking ahead in 2017…
* Migrate the Bedford County Library System, the Library of Nazareth and Vicinity, the Bangor Public Library, the Tunkhannock Public Library, and the Lehigh Valley Libraries (Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton).
* Upgrade to Evergreen 2.11.
* Deduplicate the bibliographic database.
* Improve communication between PaILS and its members.
* Involve the Users Group in formulation of PaILS policy.
* Create a Knowledge Base that will be accessible by members.
* Formalize existing Users Group committees.
* Place the Users Group in charge of future UG meetings.
* Form and charter Circulation / Patron Experience Committee.
* Complete development projects.
* Complete and distribute Strategic Plan.