PaILS is prepared to help your location celebrate September as Library Card Sign-Up Month with some new fields/features available in the Evergreen 3.3 software when you register a patron.
Download and customize this 8.5 x 11 form: Patron Registration Form Sample
Download and customize this small format form: IndexCardSizePatronRegistrationForm
- When was the last time you updated your library’s Patron Registration Form?
- Does your current form reflect the Required Fields and some of the Suggested Fields like Preferred Name or Parent/Guardian?
- Is the form in a good order for the patron to complete and for the staff to enter the data on your Evergreen screen?
- Does your registration form (and local policy) allow you to collect a patron’s desire to allow another to pick up holds on their behalf? (This feature is also known as the Privacy Waiver.)
- How do you handle collection of special stat cats?
- Do you hand out Patron Registration Forms at outreach events or to realtors to include in Welcome Baskets, at Senior Centers, housing developments, at schools/day camps/day cares so people can bring in the form already completed?
Please share copies of Patron Registration Forms or other forms you are proud of with the SPARK Community via the mailing lists or the Committees. We can learn a lot by seeing great examples. Perhaps you have a form in a different size or with other fields that are important–share it.
We have partly anonymized the forms shared here to represent a combination of ideas collected from a few other SPARK Community forms. Thanks to all who shared and worked on this so far.