We are pleased to announce that the Bangor Public Library is now live on SPARK! Congratulations to Janet Kichline and her staff. They will make a fine addition to the SPARK community.
We are pleased to report that the Public Library of Catasauqua in Lehigh County is now a member of PaILS. SPARK will be their first automated system. They will be going live in 2018. Welcome Catasauqua!
We are pleased to announce that the Memorial Library of Nazareth and Vicinity is now live on SPARK! Congratulations to the staff who displayed a great attitude and an indomitable professionalism throughout the migration process. Welcome to the Evergreen community!
These serious folks are participating in an Evergreen Hackfest at the Evergreen International Conference that took place on April 4-8 in Covington, KY. The Hackfest was sponsored by PaILS. Squash them bugs!
We would like to welcome the Federated Library System of Bedford County to SPARK. This includes these libraries:
Bedford County Library
Everett Free Library
Hyndman-Londonberry Public Library
Saxton Community Library
As you can see, the move to SPARK generated community excitement:
PaILS has been mentioned in Compendium, a publication of the Office of Commonwealth Libraries. You can read the complete article here.
The Ralpho Township Public Library is in the news and SPARK is mentioned!
Some of you who have worked in libraries for quite some time may catch the symbolism in this photo. Note the old Gaylord checkout machine next to the new PC. We are happy to announce that the Ralpho Township Public Library in Northumberland County will be joining SPARK this year and, in the process, automating for the first time.
Happy New Year to all of our members and friends!
First, to recap 2016…
* Instituted quarterly Access PA updates.
* Began a Strategic Planning process.
* Conducted a User’s Group meeting with 72 attendees.
* Instituted a system for training catalogers.
* Added 5 new members for a total of 103 Libraries.
* Migrated 10 libraries in Blair and Monroe Counties.
* Conducted a resource sharing pilot between Lackawanna and Susquehanna Counties.
* Migrated the Eastern Monroe Public Library
* Migrated the Pocono Mountain Public Library
* Developed a system that allows OCLC libraries to update their holdings.
* Initiated four Development Projects, one in partnership with the Evergreen Indiana and NOBLE consortia.
Looking ahead in 2017…
* Migrate the Bedford County Library System, the Library of Nazareth and Vicinity, the Bangor Public Library, the Tunkhannock Public Library, and the Lehigh Valley Libraries (Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton).
* Upgrade to Evergreen 2.11.
* Deduplicate the bibliographic database.
* Improve communication between PaILS and its members.
* Involve the Users Group in formulation of PaILS policy.
* Create a Knowledge Base that will be accessible by members.
* Formalize existing Users Group committees.
* Place the Users Group in charge of future UG meetings.
* Form and charter Circulation / Patron Experience Committee.
* Complete development projects.
* Complete and distribute Strategic Plan.
The Eastern Monroe Public Library in Stroudsburg is now live on SPARK! Along with the beautiful and busy Hughes Library, they are also bringing along two branches and a Bookmobile. SPARK will allow Eastern Monroe to share resources and patrons with the Pocono Mountain Public Library, another recently migrated SPARK member that is also in Monroe County. Welcome Eastern Monroe!