All sessions will be recorded and posted to YouTube.
Logitech C925e Webcam
TUESDAY, MAY 2
Chair: Angie Devers, Emmaus Public Library
11 AM – 12 PM
Discussion topics: Annual Report Templates, Simple Reporter.
SPARK Support article on Simple Reports
SPARK Support article on Full Reports
WEDNESDAY, MAY 3
Chair: Tessa Mitchell, Scranton Public Library
11 AM – 12 PM
Discussion topics: AccessPA updates.
Samsung Galaxy Tablet
MONDAY, MAY 8
Chair: Jonathan Moore, Wyomissing Public Library
10 AM – 11 AM
Discussion topics: Guest speaker Richard Ashby of Literacy Nation will join to discuss how cataloging and metadata affect discovery, and implications for diversity, equality and inclusion in our libraries.
SPARK support article on Overlaying a MARC record
Walkthrough on Overlaying a MARC record
SPARK support article on Merging MARC records
Walkthrough on Merging MARC records
TUESDAY, MAY 9
Chair: Jessica Laganosky, Jean Barnett Trone Memorial Library
2 PM- 3 PM
Discussion topics: PaILS seeks community feedback on key circulation issues that will directly affect policies and settings SPARK-wide. These include patron data retention, aging circulations, flagging patrons as deleted after a given number of years, and compliance with the PA data breach law.
Circ Committee Agendas & Minutes
Epson Small-in-One Inkjet Printer
TUESDAY, MAY 16
All-SPARK Meeting with Katie Greenleaf Martin and PaILS Staff
Panel Discussion featuring Nicole Heyer from Pike County Public Library, Victoria Ryan-Price from Scranton Public Library, and Heather Lindskold from Blair County Library System.
1 PM – 3 PM
Discussion topics: A panel of SPARK member library staff and other experienced Evergreen users will share projects, tips, and tricks for improving tracking and visibility of your library collections. These include using item tags, statistical categories, and shelving locations.
PCPL Junior Easy Book Shelving Location Identifiers
*HOW TO ENTER
REGISTER FOR EVENTS:
Each pre-registration for any of the Zoom events will earn you one entry.
Attendance will be taken at each event. Each event that you attend will earn you one entry.
ANSWER TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
Each week, there will be five trivia questions to answer via SurveyMonkey. You will earn one entry for submitting trivia answers. You will earn additional entries for each trivia question you answer correctly!
- True or False: Expired staff accounts can’t log into SPARK.
- What new SPARK listserv was added within the past year? You can type the name or the listserv topic.
Answers accepted: Circulation (SPARK-circ) OR Interlibrary Loan (SPARK-ill)
- Where can you find series tracing in the SPARK catalog?
Answer: Awards, Reviews, & Suggested Reads
- If you are cataloging a book about the history of a business or organization, which MARC field should you use for the “subject added entry” of that group?
- Which fixed field “form” code will make a record show as a Large Type Book in the OPAC?
- If you are creating a MARC record for a periodical, which field should you use to indicate how frequently issues are currently published?
- Which of the following is NOT a search filter available in the public catalog?
Answer: All of these are available search filters in the public catalog.
- How do you add additional search terms to a keyword search in the public catalog?
Answer: Go to “Advanced Search” and click “Add Search Row.”
- How do you add more search terms to a keyword search in the new staff catalog?
Answer: Click on the “+” with a circle around it.
- True or false: If there is no cover image associated with a catalog record, there is nothing you can do about it.
Answer: False – You can upload cover images with ChiliPAC!