Join / Benefits
Join the cooperative and be part of something special.
Libraries large and small across Pennsylvania are joining the Pennsylvania Integrated Library System (PaILS) cooperative and using SPARK, the open source integrated library system for Pennsylvania built with Evergreen.
The integrated library system is one of your library’s most significant investments. Shouldn’t you love it and the relationship you have with its developers?
For your patrons: Enhanced access to library resources
- SPARK is easy to use, with a clean, patron-friendly interface.
- SPARK is accessible for patrons of the smallest libraries and fully featured for the power users of the largest.
- SPARK is available for your patrons whenever and wherever they need to access library resources.
For your staff: Robust functionality in all ILS areas
- Cloud-based hosting eliminates the need for expensive servers and the staff to maintain them.
- The Evergreen open source community directly influences its development, so your voice is heard in a way not possible with a commercial vendor.
- You receive professional support from Equinox. Equinox was founded by the original developers and designers of Evergreen, so you get quality support whenever you need it.
- SPARK supports your library’s operations with robust functionality in circulation, cataloging, serials, and acquisitions, and provides sophisticated reports to help you monitor activity.
For your library: Reliable, Affordable and Flexible
- Your library’s migration costs to SPARK may be covered by PaILS through a Library Services & Technology Act (LSTA) grant.
- There are no hidden costs with PaILS and SPARK. Membership is affordable and annual maintenance fees are clearly disclosed. There are no additional fees for updates, bug fixes, or new modules.
- SPARK is exceptionally reliable, tracked at 99.99% uptime.
- The system can grow with you as your needs and the library industry change.
- Libraries with the resources can choose to innovate new capabilities in their integrated library system using the flexibility of open source.